- You have a good excuse for not working over the weekend
- You can’t taste anything, so you eat less which means you can make up for it when you’re better
- You get to regress to childhood with cold cures (always Schweppes bitter lemon in our household, weirdly. My mum insisted the quinine in it made you better.)
- Sitting around in your dressing gown for half the day is expected rather than a sign that you’re on a spiral of decline
- Basic tasks that require no brain power get done because you’re too tired to do anything else – I sewed up a hat yesterday that I actually finished knitting last February. It took just 20 minutes.
- Once you start feeling better you feel fantastic – I’ve just been for a run round the local park, seen squirrels, marvelled at the leaves turning, dodged kids knocking conkers down from trees and feel utterly brilliant.
Cold – what cold?