This weekend, I shall be mostly:
- Gardening – planning on getting my front garden tidied up and the pots in the back garden ready for fresh plantings
- Cooking – got my eye on a strawberry and pistachio cake, and some tomatoes baked with basil, garlic and cream
- Running – trying to make up a month’s idleness – oops!
- Walking – the forecast’s sunny but cold so shall be soaking up as many rays as I can
- Reading – currently enjoying The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins, Lost At Sea by Jon Ronson (great unusual true stories from the journalist who wrote ‘The Men Who Stare At Goats’), Get Some Headspace by Andy Puddicombe (refreshing take on meditation) and rereading the Twilight saga (love a bit of escapism!)
- Knitting – still working on my shawl
- Sleeping in – been up by 6.30 all week so the alarm is being firmly turned off this weekend
- Keeping the peace – the starling/cat wars have been breaking out today all over the garden – Tilly is utterly rubbish at hunting but baby birds bouncing everywhere are a bit too much temptation even for her. We caught her eyeball to eyeball with one on the garden bench this afternoon and neither of them seemed to want to look away first. He flew off when I approached and she went and attacked a pine cone to show that she can hunt, really.